Friday 6 May 2011

Well here it is...

So I've decided to going into the blogging world to talk about my success' and failures with cooking.
My partner and I are both gluten and dairy free (including lactose and casein) which makes life interesting and what makes it even more interesting.... so are his two wonderful little girls. Miss 7 has a very complicated diet due to having moderate to severe Autism and Miss About To Turn 5 is gfdf (gfcf), low sugar and starch and major avoidance of anything artificial due to eczema and other issues.
We eat fairly well and try to not miss out on anything that we don't want to miss out on. Thanx to the internet and a great local health food shops and spice shops its making life a lot easier!

So Miss About To Turn 5 is well, about to turn 5! And at the moment I'm struggling with making vanilla cupcakes for her birthday party with us. I like to make things from scratch so while we do have packet mixtures on standby, I'm searching for recipes that all seem to fail on me!
So far we have plain potato chips, plain corn chips, gf marshmallows (that may endup on the cake), sprinkles for cupcakes and standby cupcake and cake mixtures. There may also be jelly with fruit in it and 'sports candy' with home made hommus. But I'm stuck on making these cupcakes! She requested cupcakes so I can't really back out.
Oh well my partner is going to be satisfying his sweet tooth by eating all my experimental cupcakes.
Its funny how I'm far better at making up my own recipes then using other peoples....

No comments:

Post a Comment